Latest News

February 7, 2022

Due to the ongoing Omicron threat to the health and safety of our community members, NPMS Board of Directors has voted on 2/5/2022 to remain Virtual Learning for the rest of the school year.

Thank you to all the parents who completed the survey to inform us of your preference for either returning to campus, remaining virtual or being fine with either option. 75% of the school population completed the survey, in which 53% voted to Remain Virtual and 32% voted to Return to Campus, while 14% of the votes stated either option would work for them.

Thank you to our Safe Return to Campus committee for formulating such a great plan for all of us to safely return to campus. While we applaud our teachers and students for pivoting to remote learning so well the last 2 years, we understand and value the benefits of in-person learning for Chinese language. We will make every effort to return to campus in the fall and additionally, we are hoping to host in-person community activities at the end of this school year if the situation allows.

January 7, 2022

Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases and the added threat of the surging Omicron variant, the NPMS Board of Directors held an emergency meeting on January 6, 2022 and unanimously voted to postpone the return to campus plan originally scheduled for January 22, 2022.

All classes will remain virtual/online until further notice.

The board will meet again on February 5, 2022 for a final decision. Additionally, due to the same concerns, all academic contests originally scheduled on campus on January 22 and January 29, 2022 are cancelled.

It is disappointing that this year’s academic contests will not proceed and the return to campus plan is now postponed (after much planning and debate by various committees). However, the safety of everyone in our community is always the top priority. We hope you understand this was a very difficult decision to make.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this unprecedented time. Best wishes for a safe and healthy New Year!


由於 COVID-19 病例的增加, 疫情有升溫的趨勢,理事會在一月六日啟動了一次臨時緊急會議, 評估了目前回校園的風險,一致表決,延遲本來在一月22日回校園上課的計畫。 理事會會在二月再評估下半學期的情況後以作表決。另外, 經過討論,本來安排好在一月22 和29日的實體學術比賽, 也因而取消。 理事會理解這個決定為你們帶來失望, 尤其是我們已經為回校準備好一切, 但是社區中每個人的安全始終是首要的考慮。 希望你們理解體諒。